Sustainability Initiatives on Products, Services, Business Processes and Value Chains
1. Local procurement and/or local supply chain empowerment.
2. Financing schemes and/or business models that encourage SMEs’ inclusiveness in the company’s value chain.
3. Eco-design, eco-products & services, eco-labeling.
4. Internal programs and improvements (e.g. reduction, recycling, reuse, and redesign) addressing sustainable consumption of materials, energy, water or other production inputs.
5. Internal programs and improvements on business processes addressing green productivity and/or efficiency.
6. Internal programs and improvements in managing waste, effluents, emissions, or other negative impacts on environment.
7. Measurement and/or reduction of carbon and/or water footprint, and/or CDM.
8. Biodiversity or ecosystem conservation, restoration or sustainable utilization for a community’s socio-economic well-being.
9. Other internal programs and/or initiatives addressing: a. New and renewable energy b. Sustainable agriculture c. Sustainable marine d. Sustainable tourism
Governance, Volunteering and Certification
10. Policies, strategies, employee volunteering, and/or certification addressing: a. New and renewable energy b. Sustainable agriculture c. Sustainable marine d. Sustainable tourism e. Sustainable city f. Rural development
11. Monitoring, evaluation, data collection, and/or reporting sustainability initiatives.
12. Information and communication technology for reporting sustainability.
13. Education and/or awareness rising on integrated or sustainability report.
14. Communication and/or advertisement on integrated or sustainability report.
15. Assurance or reporting tools or methodologies.
16. Community involvement and development programs, educational programs and/or public awareness, and/or other external initiatives addressing: a. Green productivity, sustainable consumption and production. b. Environment, biodiversity and/or ecosystem. c. Health, sanitation and/or climate change. d. New and renewable energy, including distribution and use of energy. e. Sustainable agriculture, including distribution and use of its products/services. f. Sustainable marine, including distribution and use of its products/services. g. Sustainable city. h. Sustainable tourism. i. Rural and/or people development (e.g. education, OVOP, socio-entrepreneurship). j. SMEs’ and/or community inclusiveness in a company’s value chain k. Women empowerment for a sustainable and balanced economy.