Jakarta is a place for business and leisure. You can find a number of high-end shopping malls and exciting places in the City. Visit their web (click the link) for more detail information or visit here.
Museum and Monument
- National Museum, located on Jln. Medan Merdeka Barat No.12, Jakarta Pusat. You can take TransJakarta, the free Double-Decker Tourist Bus or by taxi. People usually called it “Museum Gajah” because of the Elephant Statue in the garden in front of the main entrance (Gajah means Elephant).
- National Monument (Monas), located in Medan Merdeka, Jakarta Pusat. It is a more-than 100 meters tall statue with gold-plated fire shaped on top. You can get inside the monument, take a lift to the top and see Jakarta city from the height.
- Jakarta History Museum, Jln. Taman Fatahillah No.1, Jakarta Barat, well-known as “Museum Fatahillah” or Batavia Museum. It is located in the Old Town of Jakarta, Indonesia. The building was built in 1710 as the Stadhuis of Batavia. To get there, you can take Transjakarta Bus to the last station “Stasiun Kota” and then take a walk to the Museum.
- Museum Wayang (Puppet Show), Jln. Pintu Besar Utara No.27, Pinangsia, Jakarta Barat. You can take Transjakart Bus to the last station “Station Kota”. It is near the Museum Fatahillah, just across the street. In this museum, you can find the collection of Wayang (Puppets) and Masks, and buy the traditional Wayang souvenirs.
- Museum Bank Indonesia, Jln. Pintu Besar Utara No.3, Jakarta Pusat, located near the last Transjakarta stasion “Stasiun Kota”. You will find the monetary history of Indonesia and collection of bills and other relevant items.
Fun and Leisure
- Taman Impian Jaya Ancol, Jl. Lodan Timur No.7, Jakarta Utara. It is known as Ancol Dreamland. One of its attraction is the Sea World Indonesia. It is an integral part of Ancol Bay City, a resort destination located along Jakarta’s waterfront, in Ancol Kelurahan, Pademangan, Indonesia. You need to take a taxi or rent a car to go there.
- Ragunan Zoo, Jln. Harsono No.1, Pasar Minggu, Jakarta Selatan. Located at the South, Ragunan Zoo is a 140-hectare zoo as a home to over 270 species of animals, 171 species of flora, and employs over 450 people. You can take Transjakarta Bus from Sari Pan Pacific, transit at Duku Atas Station and take Transjakarta Bus to Ragunan. You stop at Ragunan Terminal (the last bus station) and take a walk to the gate of the Zoo.
- Taman Mini Indonesia Indah, Jakarta Timur, located at the border of East Jakarta. You can take a taxi or rent a car to go there via Jagorawi toll road. Taman Mini Indonesia Indah (TMII) represents the miniature of Indonesian diversity with 35 provinces. You will find different cultures, a number of museums and recreation places in TMII. You can rent a bicycle and take a ride in TMII area.
- Taman Safari Indonesia, Jln. Raya Puncak No. 601, Cisarua, Bogor, West Java. Located outside Jakarta, this is a place where you can see the animals living freely in a natural environment. You need to rent a car and depart early morning to avoid the traffic. It takes about 1,5 -2 hours driving from Sari Pan Pacific via Jagorawi toll road.
- Pasar Santa, is a unique traditional market in Jakarta. It’s located at Jl. Wolter Monginsidi, Kby. Baru, Jakarta Selatan, DKI Jakarta 12170. At the evening this market will change into a great place for hang-out. Indonesian youth change this market with a lot of things about cullinary, shopping, and some arts. You can take taxi or another public transportation from Semanggi to Pasar Santa.
High-end Shopping Mall
- Plaza Indonesia, Jln MH Thamrin No.28-30, Jakarta Pusat, located near the big circle Bundaran Hotel Indonesia (HI) with big fountain and statue. You can take Transjakarta Bus, the free Double-Decker Tourist Bus, or taxi. If you take TransJakarta Bus, stop at Bundaran HI shelter.
- Grand Indonesia, Jln. MH Thamrin No.1, Jakarta Pusat, it is a walk distance from Plaza Indonesia. It is a big mall having a number of areas with different cultural setting, such as Europe, America, and South Asia.
- Pacific Place, Senayan, Kebayoran Baru, South Jakarta is a nice place for hang-out. You can take TransJakarta going to the South and stop at “Polda Metro Jaya Station” and then take a walk to Pacific Place through the underground tunnel and entrance. You can also find a number of great restaurants and cafes on the 4th and 5th floor.
- Senayan City, Senayan, Central Jakarta. Jl. Asia Afrika Lot 19, 10270 Indonesia. It is a big mall and great place for hang-out. It is about 15 minutes from Paramadina Graduate School to get to this place.
- Plaza Senayan, Senayan, Central Jakarta. It is accros from Senayan City. You can take taxi going to Senayan area and stop at Plaza Senayan Mall. Great Mall to shopping and hang-out from your daily activities.
- fX Sudirman, Senayan, Central Jakarta, is a new concept of shopping center, it’s a lifestyle center, provide an exciting mixture of business center and entertainment center. It’s walking distance from Paramadina Graduate School and located at strategic area.
Supermarket and Convenience Store
If you want to buy consumer goods, medicine or other daily items, you can go to Carrefour Hypermart or 7Eleven. You can find Carrefour Hypermart at Ratu Plaza. Really near from Semanggi Central Business District (SCBD). 7Eleven was located at senayan, beside Plaza Senayan building and accros from Senayan City Mall.
Note: Photos were taken from various sources.